5 Tips for Creating an Awesome LinkedIn Company Page
Your LinkedIn Company Page is one of the most important elements of your presence on LinkedIn. In order to maximize the benefits of using LinkedIn, you must have an eye-catching company page that represents you and your business in a meaningful way.
Five Ways You Can Improve Your Company Page:
- Create A Recognizable And Eye-Catching Banner – The banner of your company page is the first thing that most customers and business partners will see when they enter your page. For this reason, it is very important that your banner be recognizable and effectively branded. Customers will associate a professional-looking banner with a high quality page that offers useful information, products and services to them. Color is very important here, as choosing a scheme that matches your company brand, as well as the rest of the page, will create a smooth, pleasant experience for anyone who lands on your page. Another important tip for creating your banner is to make it similar to the one you use on your company Facebook or Twitter accounts.
- Pay Attention to Your Wording – Two of the greatest pitfalls to an otherwise healthy company page is the overuse of industry buzzwords and standard search terms that every business in the field would use. In order to help your page stand out, it is best to minimize your wordiness as much as possible. Even though it is tempting to try and prove your companys worth through a detailed history of your successes on the market, those four paragraphs of information are going to wear out your users eyes before they finish reading. Keep your wording short and succinct for the best results.
- Include A Video – Customers and potential business partners who land on your page may not have time or may lack the mood to read too much. A quick, 30-second video that summarizes your company, the products or services you offer and your goals will help immensely in completing an attractive company profile.
- Keep Your Information Up To Date – This should come off as an obvious tip, but it is an important one, that many people forget about over time. There are quite a few LinkedIn profiles that, despite a very polished, professional look and approach, still display an old address of the company or an industry that does not match the company profile exactly.
- Update The Page – One of the most important aspects of using LinkedIn is keeping it active. This means taking advantage of the blog-style news feed format and delivering links to useful information, just like you would on Twitter. In fact, you can crosslink your posts in order to communicate more easily with your LinkedIn audience through another social media site. This lets you double the effectiveness of any post. There are many more tips that could help you use LinkedIn to your advantage, but no one could explain them and apply them better than an online marketing consultant familiar with the particularities of your business.